Leading up to our 150th milestone on April 12, 2019, the Clayton Downtown Development Association is teaming up with area schools and planning a fun Spirit Week. We’re encouraging students, teachers, business owners/employees, families, ANYONE and everyone to dress up each day of the week to help capture the spirit of our proud past, present and future!
• Monday, April 8: CLAYTON DAY – Wear your spirit by throwing on some Clayton gear or your school colors!
• Tuesday, April 9: 1869 DAY – Dress as if it was the year Clayton was officially born! No idea what to wear? Check out the costumes everyone wore 50 years ago when we celebrated Clayton’s Centennial. Visit ClaytonNC.org/150 or head to the History Room at Hocutt-Ellington Memorial Library in Downtown Clayton to research!
• Wednesday, April 10: 2169 DAY – Take your best guess at how you think people will be dressing 150 years from now! No idea is too futuristic!
• Thursday, April 11: 150 YEARS OLD DAY – Dress like you’re as old as Clayton!
• Friday, April 12: THROUGH THE AGES DAY – Pick your favorite decade from 1869-2019 and sport it! The roaring ‘20s, the wild ‘60s, or maybe the wacky ‘80s!